Overview: When Gmail mailbox size reaches the prescribed limit size, Gmail cannot send or receive new email messages. In such cases, you can try out the mentioned solutions in this article to get rid of this issue. As deleting or moving mailboxes does not work an error message is displayed even after trying a lot of manual tricks. In this guide, we have discussed the quick approaches to fix the “why is my Gmail storage is showing full after deleting emails and everything?” Issue.
Fix Gmail Mailbox is Full Can’t Send/Recieve Emails? Check Out Advik Gmail Backup Tool to easily download all of your Gmail account data in just 3 simple steps. You can easily create a backup copy of Gmail emails to PST, EML, PDF, MSG, HTML, and other file formats to resolve your “Gmail mailbox is full even after deleting emails” issue efficiently.
Sometimes, even if you delete some of your Gmail emails, you still see that the storage is full, which may encounter huge issues as Gmail is widely used for both personal and professional purposes. You might be thinking that deleting some emails from your Gmail mailbox will help you to clear the clutter of your Gmail mailbox but that doesn’t possible. In such cases, you can lose some of your important Gmail emails. But, Why? Let’s check out the reasons why Gmail storage is showing full even after deleting emails?
Why is Gmail Storage Showing Full Even After Deleting Emails? – Reasons
There are a few reasons why your Gmail storage might still show as full even after deleting emails:
- Firstly, emails are not permanently deleted until they are removed from the Trash folder. To completely free up space, you’ll need to delete the emails from the Trash folder as well.
- Some emails, particularly those with large attachments, may take up more storage space. If you have many emails with large attachments, deleting just a few emails may not significantly reduce your overall storage usage.
- Your Gmail storage is shared with other Google services, such as Google Drive and Google Photos. If you are using a lot of storage in these services, it can affect your Gmail storage.
- If you are using Gmail through a business account, your storage quota might be set by your administrator and you may need to request more storage or delete more emails to free up space.
So, these were some of the major reasons that might be responsible for the issue of Gmail storage showing full even after deleting emails. Now, let’s check out the solutions to resolve this problem in efficient and effective ways.
How to Fix the Gmail Mailbox Full after Deleting Everything – 2023
Here are a few methods described to resolve the issue Gmail mailbox being full. But, it is important to read the limitations of those methods before you try out these approaches.
Resolve By Emptying the Trash or Deleted Items Folder of the Gmail Mailbox
Sometimes if you have deleted your Gmail emails from your inbox folder, they are still available in another folder i.e. “Trash”. Some users think that deleting emails from the inbox folder can free up space, but emails that are in the trash folder can take up a lot of space in your Google account. And if you continue to do this, you will never get rid of Gmail storage is showing full even after deleting emails issue.
To empty the trash or deleted items folder of your Gmail mailbox, follow these steps:
- Go to your Gmail account and click on the “Trash” folder on the left side of the page. This will display all of the emails that are currently in your trash.
- To empty the trash, click on the “Empty trash now” button at the top of the page. This will permanently delete all of the emails in the trash folder.
- If you want to delete specific emails from the trash folder, you can select the checkbox next to each email that you want to delete and then click on the “Delete forever” button.
What If “Gmail Mailbox is Full” Keeps Happening?
When nothing works out to fix Gmail mailbox full issue, there is one program that will be beneficial for you i.e. Advik Gmail Backup Tool. It is such an amazing tool that can easily download all of your Gmail account data in 30+ different file formats of your choice. If you have a backup copy of your Gmail account data then you can easily delete all of your Gmail emails and solve your issue to free up space. The best part of this tool is that you can download Gmail emails to hard drive/flash drive/computer/PC or any location of your choice.
By creating backups of your Gmail emails, you can free up space in your Gmail account by deleting the emails from your Gmail account that you no longer needed while still having access to them through the backups.
To use the Advik Gmail Backup tool to free up space in your Gmail account, you would first need to export Gmail to PST, EML, PDF, DOC, MBOX any of your desired file formats using this tool. Once the backup is complete, you can then delete the emails from your Gmail account to free up space. The emails will still be available to you through the backup copy, which you can access by restoring the backup to your Gmail account or by opening the files on your local computer or external hard drive.
Delete Gmail Emails in Bulk
Another way you can try to clear your Gmail mailbox to free up space is to delete Gmail emails in bulk. If you do so, you can easily release the storage of your Gmail mailbox for receiving new emails.
To reduce your storage space, follow these steps:
- Go to your Gmail account and sign in.
- Select the emails that you want to delete by checking the box next to each email. You can select multiple emails at once by holding down the “Ctrl” key and clicking on each email.
- Once you have selected the emails that you want to delete, click on the “Trash” icon at the top of the page. This will move the selected emails to the Trash folder.
- To permanently delete the emails, go to the Trash folder and select the emails that you want to delete. Then, click on the “Delete forever” button.
Note: Keep in mind that once you delete emails, they are not recoverable. Be sure to only delete emails that you no longer need.
Analyze the Gmail Storage Space
To understand how to manage the storage space in your Gmail account, it’s important to first understand how your Google Account storage space is distributed across Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Drive. Here’s how you can analyze your Gmail storage:
- Go to the Drive storage page
- Select “View details”
This will allow you to see the total storage and the used storage of your Gmail account. Now, analyze and update the storage settings according to your needs and preferences.
The Bottom Line
Most probably, you will be able to resolve why is my Gmail storage showing full after deleting everything by following the manual solutions mentioned in this article. But, if that doesn’t help you, No worries!! Give a try to Advik Gmail Backup Tool to create a backup copy of Gmail emails first and then delete unusual and irrelevant emails from your Gmail account. This tool can help you to export Gmail into various file formats effortlessly and consequently, fix your problem as well.