Summary:- Still looking for a solution to fix VHD file is corrupted and unreadable error. Then, this article will assist you out and provide a simple and step by step solution to recover corrupted Virtual hard drive files.
In this write up we are going to discuss manual as well as the professional trusted software to recover VHD file is corrupted and unreadable. At the end of this post, you can pick out one of the solutions that meet all your needs. Before starting the article we will know what is VHD file. So let’s begin…
What is VHD File
VHD stands for virtual hard disk and this format is generated using the virtual machine. Sometimes in the virtual environment, you get restricted to mount the VHD or VHDX file formate. It creates data inaccessible and also the hyper-v attachments get failed to open. There are various reasons behind this but the core of this blunder is that VHDX or VHD file is corrupted and unreadable. So let’s fix this error.
Methods to Fix Corrupted VHD/VHDX File
Whenever the error “VHD File is corrupted and unreadable” occurs, it creates the data of the Hyper-V inaccessible and not able to open. For resolving this issue there are multiple methods available that can be used, but first, let’s see the reasons for VHD File corruption.
These are some common reasons which create the blunder:
- Corruption due to data transmission over a faulty network.
- Due to sudden Hard Drive failure.
- Corruption in system files can be the reason.
- Interruption in storage device’s connection.
- Antivirus installation over the Virtual environment.
Fix VHD File is Corrupted And Unreadable Using Manual Method
Microsoft gives an inbuilt application through which users can simply recover their VHD files and execute to start a file in that inbuilt utility. Let us discuss several steps that assist to overcome this error:
- Firstly, you need to mount the VHD file in the parent partition, and then, run a script CHKDSK to repair it.
- Now, check the integrity of VHD by using Hyper-V virtual machine
- After that, to Add the .vhd file to the IDE controller and hit on the Inspect option
- Users can merge any VHD and AVHD data files. Users need to verify if it can be opened by Windows 7, server 2008 (for the Virtual machine)
- In the end, users can download the free Microsoft VHD tool, which includes a “repair” option that is designed to undo the expanding mode on a base VHD when different VHDs are available.
After performing this method if you are not able to fix VHD file corrupted and unreadable error. Then you can try the second method.
Best Approach to Fix VHD or VHDX File is Corrupted And Unreadable
It is the best way to fix VHD or VHDX file is corrupted and unreadable error. Simply go for the professional application named as SysTools VHD Recovery Software. It has multiple useful features that help to make recovery easy. You just use this utility and get all your virtual machine VHD or VHDX data files in a healthy state. This software is capable to recover photos, videos, audio’s, documents, multimedia etc. This application can recover unlimited files and folders without any file size issues. It has the ability to recover shift deleted data from VHD file. You install this software Without the installation of the virtual machine.
Steps to Fix VHD or VHDX File is Corrupted And Unreadable
Firstly download this utility at Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and any below version of Windows and then, follow the below mentioned steps to fix VHD or VHDX file is corrupted and unreadable.
- Launch the software on your Windows computer
- Hit on open to browse the corrupted and unreadable VHD file
- Navigate to the destination and browse the corrupted virtual machine .vhd file. Here users can browse VHDX file as well. The application is able to extract data from corrupted and unreadable .vhdx and .vhd file.vhdx file
- Now the software will Scan the corrupted virtual machine and list all the files and folders in the software panel.
- Save all files on your machine at a physical location.
In this post, we have discussed two different methods that will assist to fix the VHD file is corrupted and unreadable error. Users can select any either manual or professional software. Both methods are explained in a better way. However, the manual method has some drawbacks, thus we advise you to opt for an alternate solution. With the help of this software, you can simply resolve the corruption issues within a few minutes. It’s time to get rid of the VHDX file is corrupted and Unreadable error.
Read Also: Best Gmail Backup Tool for Windows
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!