With many cloud storage providers offering their service today, users now have more choices than ever. They have ample options to choose from according to their needs and budget. Due to the changes in requirements, people often migrate their data from one cloud storage facility to another. G Drive to OneDrive migration is a common practice that is happening these days. Though a number of tools are available to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive, not all tools are reliable. G Drive to OneDrive Migrator, unlike most other migration tools, is reliable and user-friendly to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive. In this write-up, we will discuss this program including its features.
G Drive to OneDrive Migrator
Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator is a dedicated application that migrate from Google drive to OneDrive for Business. It can migrate all type of files including documents, images, audio/ video files, PDFs, spreadsheets, and permissions. Users need to provide admin credentials of G Drive account to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive. It keeps the source folder structure intact even after data export. This software functions on all Windows run system including Windows 10.
This video will show you the step-by-step method of transferring your data from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business using SysTools G Drive to OneDrive Migrator. With this software, one can easily migrate all the valuable data in an efficient & easy manner.
System Requirements:Here is the list of minimum system requirements to run G Drive to OneDrive Migrator:
- Operating System: All versions of Windows Operating Systems including Windows 10
- Processor: Minimum 1 GHz (Recommended 2.4 GHz)
- RAM: Minimum 512 MB (Recommended 1 GB RAM)
- Free Disk Space: Minimum 60 MB of free space
Prerequisite for Running the Application:
- Choose to “Run as Administrator” while launching this software on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Vista.
- Impersonate OneDrive account before migration as this is a compulsory process.
- Make sure to have fast and stable internet speed during the export process otherwise data transfer will get delayed.
- Use of Google Chrome Browser on the migration system is recommended.
Also Read : How to Import PST to G Suite ?
Highlighted Traits of G Drive to OneDrive Migrator
- Move Data from Google Drive to OneDrive Account: The application is capable of migrating Google Drive data to OneDrive account. Users can smoothly transfer all their data from G Drive to OneDrive account including permissions.
- Allows Selective or Complete Data Export to OneDrive: When it comes to transferring Google Drive to OneDrive, requirements vary from user to user. While some users prefer complete data migration, others want to import only the selective items. Considering this variation, the application allows users to export both complete or selective G Drive data.
- Maintains Folder Hierarchy of Source Storage: Altered folder hierarchy is a frequently occurred issue during data export from one cloud storage to another. To prevent this problem, this program is equipped with the modern technology. Even after data migration, this application keeps the folder hierarchy of source account.
- Pause/Resume Option Available: While migrating huge amount of data, users may require to stop the process temporarily. If the migration is stopped, there is a chance of data loss or data corruption. To the benefit of the users, this tool contains Pause/Resume button. Utilizing this button, users can temporarily halt the export and continue later.
- Provides Complete Migration Report: After the data migration is completed, the software will provide a complete report on the process in CSV format. The migration report contains both G Drive and OneDrive id, duration of the process, current status, etc. This report will come handy as the future reference, especially for business users.
- Support Data Export based on Date or File Type: When it comes to migrating selective data from a Google Drive account, there are two types of filtering options. They can either use date filter to select a date range for data transfer, or they may select some particular file types and migrate those files only to OneDrive.
The software is available in two different versions: Demo and Full. Users can download the demo version and check how well it functions. Once satisfied, they can purchase the full version of G Drive to OneDrive Migrator.
Pros and Cons of G Drive to OneDrive Migrator
Every software has got its own advantages and disadvantages. This tool is also no difference. If we contrast the pros and cons of this program, we will see that it has far more pros compared to its cons. The supreme benefit of using this software is its ability to export password protected files. People often store password protected files in cloud but during data transfer it may cause problem. In case of this program, that will not be an issue as it can migrate password protected data also. This tool also permits users to change a default permission during the export process. This is another amazing feature that deserves appreciation. Users can pause and resume the migration process anytime with Pause/ Resume button. This will save users from data corruption due to sudden interruption.
The only limitation of this tool is that it does not function on Mac OS systems. It is expected that this issue will also get resolved in the future versions of this software. Apart from this, the software has no other drawback as such.
G Drive and OneDrive both are popular cloud storage service provider. When G Drive users want to migrate their data to OneDrive for Business account, they require support from third-party applications. Among all the tools that can migrate data between these two cloud storage providers, G Drive to OneDrive Migrator occupies a special place. Users do not face any issue as this tool smoothly transfers files from G Drive to OneDrive for Business. This tool deserves 9.7 out of 10 for its brilliant features.