Office 365 is the new cloud-based application by Microsoft to access all the MS office tools online. The cloud-based platform gives flexibility to the user to access the applications anytime anywhere and edit the files. Office 365 is highly praised by Outlook users and more users are moving to buy this powerful & efficient tool. But users often face error ‘Sorry, something went wrong while installing office 365’.
There is not a specific cause of this error and there could be various reasons that are showing Office 365 installation error. The first thing is to check what are the causes that stopping outlook from installation and what could be done to fix this error. Common methods that can be adopted to remove ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ error during Office 365 are:
Fix Office 365 Something Went Wrong Error
Manual Methods by which you can avoid errors and successfully install Office 365 are
Troubleshoot with Fix up Tool
- Download the Microsoft Fix up Tool from the official website
- Here is the link to download troubleshoot Fixup tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028430/windows-10-use-a-fix-it-tool
- Run the tool and click on Next
- The tool will look for error and will fix up any minor errors found
- Restart the computer and try re-installing Office 365.
Check Internet Connection
- Office 365 is a large application and being a cloud-based app it requires a strong internet connection
- Ensure you have a better internet connection and have good speed
- The router’s firmware is up to date to match configurations
- Try to use cable connection instead of WiFi connection to install Office 365
- Make sure the internet connectivity does not get lost during the installation process
Reset Browser Settings or IE settings
If Internet Explorer is set as default browser then change the IE settings
- Close and Exit all the Internet Explorer windows
- Close the IE from task manager to disable any background operation like downloading
- Go to start and open Control panel
- Click on the Internet options and a new dialog box will open
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click on the Reset button
- Restart system and install Office 365
You can also try to uninstall partially installed Office 365 and then re-install it again. By following methods you can avoid Office 365 error ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ and install the application successfully.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!