No one can neglect the fact that the migration ratio from IBM Notes to some other email client is increasing rapidly. Enterprises are moving their work to Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, PocoMail etc. and so did I! I also exported my NSF file to EML for moving all my Lotus Notes folders to Mac mail platform. For this, I used SysTools NSF file converter, which provides all those features that a client requires to exhibit the platform migration task. Through this product review page, I will provide my working experience with this software and topmost features that I found.
SysTools NSF File Converter: An Intro to It
It is quite obvious that every IBM Notes user demands for an effective and efficient solution at an affordable price. Among all, I found that this software is majorly designed for exporting Lotus Notes database to PDF, MSG, and EML file format. It transfers emails, address book, calendars, tasks, etc., of NSF file to chosen file extension. The application smartly reads complete data of NSF file and then, successfully convert it into MSG, EML, or PDF. Tool designing team have planned the software in a way that it can be operated by technical professionals and novice persons.
The NSF file converter renders a simple procedure to migrate Lotus Notes email to Mac Mail. Not even a single change will be made after the accurate file exporting procedure even with full authority. This brilliant software is 100% safe and secure solution to convert NSF to PDF / EML / MSG. It keeps email attributes like Cc, Bcc, subject, from, etc., intact and transfers them with attachments.
Technical Specifications of NSF File Converter
Developer SysTools Software Functions Convert NSF to PDF, EML, and MSG file Current version 2.6 Size 28.1 MB Interface Graphical User Interface MS Outlook Installation Required No Windows Version Supported 10 and Below Versions Trial version Available for free
How did I Work With This Converter?
I followed below-mentioned steps for transferring Lotus Notes emails to Mac Mail with this software :
- Initially, I visited the official site of the software and purchased its full version
- After this, I opened NSF file Converter software and since I was having only one NSF file of 46.5 MB therefore, I used Single File Conversion option. If there are bulk of NSF files with you then, you can choose Bulk File Conversion
- Now I clicked on Browse button to browse source NSF file for the processing. Located the path where NSF file was saved, selected it, and clicked on Open
- Since no names.nsf file was there with me therefore, I directly clicked on Next button
- Chosen EML option from the list of file format because my targeted email client supports .eml file
- I only had to move Lotus Notes emails and hence, chosen this in categories. I wanted to change the default name resultant messages, therefore, used Naming Convention feature of the tool
- At last, I clicked on Change to command the path where resultant files are to be stored and then, click on the Export button
Finally, the task ended and see how simple it was to migrate Lotus Notes email to Mac Mail.
Top Most Features of NSF File Converter
As per my observation, following two features make software unique among all available in the market:
Two Modes for File Conversion: Following 2 modes are offered by NSF file converter to browse Lotus Notes database file:
- Single File Conversion: When there is a single NSF file for the conversion purpose
- Bulk File Conversion: It is to be used when a PC folder comprises of 2 or more NSF files within it and these are to be exported.
- Different Filtering Criterion: Depending upon the mailboxes to be exported, the software provides following filtering options :
- Date-Based Filtering: This feature is offered for emails, calendars, tasks, and journals of NSF files.
- Exclude duplicates: The option is applicable only for names.nsf file of Lotus Notes to eliminate the duplicates while exporting.
NSF File Converter: Software Editions
The product is available in 2 versions i.e., demo and licensed. Description of both these versions is provided in the following points :
- Demo Version: The setup file of the software is available on official website of it. You can download it from their without paying a single money and test the NSF Converter. This trial version exports first 50 items of NSF file to PDF, MSG, and EML.
- Licensed Version: When you get completely satisfied by working on the demo version, you can purchase it. This will allow you to perform the conversion in a limitless manner with no restrictions. Trust me, spending money on this software is of full worth.
- Provides few advanced settings options to customize files
- No file size limitation imposed while browsing the database
- Widely supports full conversion of All Document folder
- Capable of retaining Doclink for NSF messages after export
- By default, keep folder structure intact till the end
- The software does not work without Lotus Notes installation procedure
Considering all the technical aspects then, I would consider SysTools NSF Converter the best. It so because it is like an all-in-one platform to convert Lotus Notes folders in various formats. All things that a user requires while performing the exporting procedure are appended wisely in this application. Taking my review then, I would like to give 9.8/10 score to this software.