Microsoft has officially launched Windows 10 and users are receiving upgrades automatically to download Windows 10. Sometimes, while upgrading theWindows users may experience corruption in system files. To overcome the situation, there are various inbuilt commands in Windows 10. It helps to overcome the problem over time as the user changes the WindowsSystem File. In the following section, we will discuss the way to repair corrupt system files in Windows 10. Also, the best method to recover deleted, formatted and corrupted data from windows hard drive.
Techniques to Repair Corrupt System Files
There are two ways by which users can fix corrupted Windows system files,i.e. System File Checker tool (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool (DISM). Both of them are inbuilt utilities inWindows 10.
SystemFile Checker Tool
SFC(System File Checker) tool built into Windows helps to scan Windows system files for corruption. If it finds something wrong then, it will replace the filers automatically via correct edition.
When to Utilize This Command?
Users should run this command when there is some trouble with Windows System.Many times, while working application crashes, blue-screen appears some Windows features are not working. Then, simply run SFC command to fix the issue. If the command does not find any issue then, it will confirm that there is no corruption in system files. Users continue to troubleshoot the system via other methods.
How to Run SFC Command to Fix Windows File System Error
Users need to run this from Administrator Command Prompt Window. To open it in the system follow the following sets:
- Right click on start button
- Choose Command Prompt as Admin
- Now the black screen will appear, type a command “Sfc/scannow,” and press Enter
- Leave the cmd to run; it will take 5-10 minutes. If there is no corruption then, “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations” message will pop-up on the screen.
- However, if there is some corruption issue then, “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but unable to fix some of the” message will pop-ups.
- Then, reboot the system in safe mode by holding the shift key while just clicking the restart option to utilize advanced boot options menu.
- After restarting it, run the SFC command again.
If there is still some issue then, the user can run DISM in Windows 10 to repair corrupt system files in Windows.
DeploymentImage Servicing and Management
DISM(Deployment Image Servicing and Management) is a tool that helps to fix corruption component, which prevents SFC command from properly working. To run this command user can follow the mentioned steps:
- Open cmd as Administrator and type the following command as mentioned:DISM/Online?Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
- Permit the command to finish; it will take 5-10 minutes
- Once the process is completed restart the system again as this command changes everything
- Now run SFC command again and hopefully it will help to replace corrupted files via correct ones.
If the issue is still there then, reset the system again. It will help to fix the problem properly.
WindowsSystem File is the crucial file part of the system as it contains complete Windows File. If these files get corrupted then users face various difficulties. To overcome such a situations user can utilize SFC and DISM. These are the inbuilt utilities that help to repair corrupt system files in Windows 10.