“Hello, I am using SQL Server 2014 and a few days back I created a backup of my SQL server database files. But, my backup (.bak) file has been corrupted and now I do not know how can I recover corrupt SQL backup file. Please share with me a possible way to repair corrupted SQL .bak file.”
After reading the above user query, you may have come to know that this article is regarding how can recover corrupted SQL backup file. Here, I am going to provide the best and most trustworthy SysTools SQL Backup Recovery tool that will help you to repair corrupted SQL .bak files. This software has a simple interface which is easily understandable by all types of users. It supports to recover damaged/corrupted/inaccessible SQL backup file and directly import .bak file in SQL Server Database.
Step-By-Step Process to Recover Corrupt SQL Backup File
Follow all the given instructions to quickly restore corrupted SQL server backup file.
Step 1. Download SQL Backup Recovery Software and install it into your Windows machine.
Step 2. Go to Open menu >> click on Browse button and select SQL .bak file.
Step 3. If you know your SQL server bak file version, then select it. Or else, you do not know the exact version, then click on “Auto detect SQL Server file (.bak) version.”
Step 4. Click on Multiple Backup File Option and load the SQL .bak file by clicking on Add File or Add Folder option.
Step 5. Now, select the backup file or files and click on Recover to start SQL backup recovery process.
Step 6. The tool will start scanning the selected .bak file.
Step 7. Once the scanning is complete, the software shows a complete preview of all the recovered data items from the SQL BAK file. Select the required element or sub-element to preview the contents.
This is how you can easily recover corrupt SQL backup file. But now, the question is how can import the recovered .bak file into SQL Server. The solution to this question is also the SQL backup repair Tool, which includes the advanced Export option for directly exporting the restored SQL backup to SQL Server.
How to Import .bak File in SQL Server Database?
You only need to follow the steps given to import the recovered backup file back into SQL Server.
- After reviewing the elements of SQL .bak file, Click on Export option.
- Select the required Export To option like SQL Server Database or SQL Server Compatible SQL Scripts.
- Choose required Database Authentication option, if you choose Windows Authentication mode, then fill the server name. Or, if you choose SQL Server Authentication, then enter SQL server login credentials.
- From the Select Destination Database option, choose to Create New Database or you can choose Export to Existing Database option.
- Now, select the required SQL bak file data items and then choose Export “with only schema” or “With schema & Data” option. Then click the Export button to start the process.
- Once the export process is finished successfully, you will receive a completion message on your screen.
- To review the recovered backup database on SQL Server just expand the databases.
So, this is the whole process to recover corrupt SQL backup file and directly import .bak file in SQL Server database.
Why Choose SQL Backup Tool For Recovering Corrupted SQL BAK File?
The software offers a large number of advanced features & benefits that make it the top choice of users. Some of the best features are explained below.
- The tool supports to recover MDF, NDF and LDF files stored in a SQL Backup (.bak) file with all elements.
- The application allows you to load both single and multiple SQL backup files into the software panel for repair and export.
- The tool supports to repair and preview of BAK file items like Table, Views, stored procedures, etc.
- If you are not aware of the version of the SQL Server Bak file, just click the Auto Detect option.
- You can easily recover corrupt SQL backup file without any file size limitations as the tool has been tested with 1.4 TB SQL .bak file.
- The utility supports the .bak file of SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 and other below versions.
- The tool provides the option to directly export the recovered SQL backup file in SQL Server database using only SQL Server credentials.
- The software is fully compatible with all Windows Operating System including Windows 10, 8.1, 7, etc.
The Concluding Words
Recover corrupt SQL backup file is the most challenging task for the users because there is no official way to repair corrupt SQL .bak file. To resolve this problem, here, I have suggested the best SQL backup recovery tool, which successfully repairs damaged SQL backup file and import .bak file in SQL Server database. The software also comes with a Free Trial Version by which you can easily check the efficiency.