As we have seen, Yahoo is consistently losing users from its user base, and it is really a matter of worry. Yahoo, though, has updated its feature. However, it also includes some new app features for security, which users may find tedious. On the contrary, Office 365 is the leading choice for professionals. Because it provides you with password security, allows you to add a large number of sub-users under one admin ID, and offers so many features under one roof. So, in this blog, we will discuss methods to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365.
The Best Techniques to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
We are aware that Yahoo has had serious breach issues over the past few days. Therefore, migrating from Yahoo Mail to Office 365, which is one of the most trusted partners for professionals, is always the best option. Let’s start with the task of migration.
How to Migrate Yahoo Mail To Office 365?
This is a manual method. This task can be completed in three steps, and it is still valid for current users who have third-party app passwords because Yahoo has updated its features during this time.
Part 1:Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Start Outlook, Go to File > Add Account.
- In the new Wizard, select the Advanced option and check the box that lets me set my account manually, then click Connect.
- Following, select IMAP from the icons.
- Next, enter your Yahoo Mail ID and select Next.
- Re-select IMAP from the icons, type your password (using the third-party Yahoo Mail app), and then click Connect.
- Your account has been successfully added to IMAP, and click Done.
- Finally, your account will be reflected in Outlook.
Part 2: Export Yahoo Mail as PST
In Part 1 only your Yahoo mail account will be reflected in Outlook, but now you’ll have to export your Yahoo Mail to any hard drive as PST. Follow the steps to do this.
- Start Outlook > File> Open &Export> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file> Next.
- Then select Outlook Data File> Next.
- Select an email account, files, or folders and tap Next.
- Next, select a destination from the browse menu, then enter a filename for the output file and click Finish.
- Visit your chosen destination to check your output file.
Part 3: Import Saved PST into Office 365 Account
After successfully exporting Yahoo Mail, now you have to import the saved PST into Office 365. This task can be done by two methods. These are described below.
1: Network Upload Technique: To import the PST files, use the Azure AzCopy and Import PST tool.
2: Drive Sending Technique: This procedure involves starting an import job with the SAS URL and then exporting the hard disc with the PST files to the Microsoft Center.
Both ways are recommended by Microsoft. Such approaches are only available to technically skilled individuals. These methods are problematic for normal Yahoo users.
Also Know: How to Migrate Gmail to Office 365?
Manual Approach Restrictions
Although this approach to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 is quite effective, it has some drawbacks.
- Not suitable for non-techies.
- After the Yahoo Mail update, it is challenging to generate a password for a third-party app.
- Needs a lot of attention.
- Not so worthwhile for the new users.
An Automated Solution for Yahoo Mail to Office 365 Migration
We have seen that the manual process described above is primarily appropriate for technical personalities. But here we have a solution to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 that would suit everyone, whether they are technical or non-technical. We have the choice of using the Sysinfo Yahoo Mail Backup Tool. This tool works extremely well for transferring Yahoo mail to Office 365, as well as Hotmail, Gmail, Thunderbird, and other email clients and file formats. Furthermore, you can backup all of your Yahoo Mailboxes to a PC, hard drive, USB, etc.
Steps To Migrate From Yahoo Small Business To Office 365
- Run the Yahoo Mail Backup Tool as an administrator.
- Fill the required credentials and then sign in.
- From the tree structure, look for the Yahoo Mail folders that you want to backup and hit Next.
- Select Office 365 from the drop-down list.
- Use the Office 365 login information to Sign-in.
- Check the features like Remove Duplicate Items, Maintain Folder Hierarchy, Skip Previously Migrated Items, etc if required.
- Assign a name for your desired folder and click on the “Convert” button to start the task to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365.
The Gist Of The Write-Up.
In this article, we’ve covered both manual and automated methods to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365. We’ve seen that after Yahoo updated, new users may find difficulty in Yahoo Maul to Office 365 migration. In contrast, a user doesn’t need any special credentials to migrate when using a professional tool. Users can directly contact customer service if they continue to experience issues of any kind. which supports their brands around the clock.