Are you finding a way to move from Gmail to Exchange Online or want to migrate emails from Gmail to Exchange Online. If so, this article is exclusively for you. In this blog post, you will learn quick and easy approaches to migrate Gmail to Exchange Online.
For effective and efficient Gmail to Exchange migration process, we will take the help of an instant solution i.e. Gmail Backup Tool. It is such a sophisticated tool which is especially designed to perform Gmail migration process in more easy easy way, For more information, please read this article till the end to get your query resolved.
So you are determined that you will not use Gmail and want to switch Exchange Online? Don’t Worry, we will look at a few explanations why many users switch from Gmail to Exchange Online.
Why to Migrate Gmail to Exchange Online?
- Both Gmail and Exchange Online is products and services of one of the most popular brands.
Gmail is a free email service while Exchange Online use a custom domain for the user organization’s email accounts. Exchange Online seems to be quite efficient in terms of usability.
- Exchange users are provided100GB storage space while Gmail users only gets 15 GB.
- Gmail is undoubtedly an efficient email service that provides freely access to many individuals but user organization don’t use email services individually, they need a service that can integrate with the rest of the users. In this case, Exchange proves better than Gmail for professional users.
- Organizations that rely on Outlook for their major work they should opt for Exchange Online as it can easily set up with Outlook.
- One of the major drawback of using Gmail is it’s privacy issue. Google has bad reputation in using user’s sensitive information for advertisement purposes. Organizations has many sensitive information, so better choice in terms of security is Exchange Online. It also assures that the data transmitted through Exchange is not used for developing ads.
- For Organizations looking towards working through an email service that can give security of data and also a cost-effective. Microsoft Exchange is good option as it is capable of guaranteeing the privacy of data to it’s users.
Several users are looking for a reliable way to migrate their Gmail accounts to Exchange Online, including all emails and attachments. There is no direct manual solution, however. You must go through a long procedure. Else, you have the option of using an alternative technique, which we will discuss in the following sections. So, let’s take a look at the entire article to find out the best way to transfer emails from Gmail to Microsoft Exchange Online.
Methods to Transfer Gmail Mailbox to Exchange Online
If you’ve ever tried to move your emails from Gmail to an Exchange online, you know that while it appears to be a simple process, it can be time-consuming, frustrating, and even painful!!
Regardless of how big or small your migration is, finding a solution that works is crucial.
Finding a solution that is simple to use and reliable is a challenge no matter how big or small your migration is. We’ve come up with two excellent and simple solutions.
- Manual Configuration
- Professional Approach
Method 1: How to Export Gmail Emails to Exchange Online?
There are Four major steps to exporting Gmail emails to Exchange Online.
Step 1: Configure your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook
1. First, connect your Gmail account to Microsoft Outlook.
2. Go to File >> Add Account.
3. Type in your Gmail address.
4.You will be prompted to enter your password in the new window tab. After entering your password, click Sign in.
5. Outlook will automatically add your Gmail account.
Step 2: Export Gmail emails to PST File
1. Go to File tab and click Open & Export >> Import/Export.
2. Select “Export to a file” option from the drop-down list.
3. Choose “Outlook Data File(.pst)” and click “Next”.
4. Now, choose the mailbox folders that you wish to migrate to Exchange Online.
5. Browse a location to save a PST File and Click “Finish” to complete the process.
Step 3: Integrate Exchange Online with Microsoft Outlook
1. Run Outlook Application on your system.
2. Click File menu and choose “Add Account”.
3. Enter your Exchange Online email address.
4. To set up account automatically, check the box “Let me set up my account manually” and click “Connect” button.
5. Now, Choose “Microsoft Exchange” to integrate exchange online email address with Outlook.
6. Enter your Exchange Online password and Outlook will start configuring automatically. If everything went well, you will get a pop-up notification.
Step 4. Export Gmail emails to Exchange Online
1. Restart Outlook and Go to File tab.
2. After that, click “Open & Export” and choose “Import/Export”.
3. In Import and Export Wizard tab, choose “Import from another program or a file” option and click “Next”.
4. After selecting “Outlook data file format(.pst)”, click “Next”.
5. Browse a location where you saved your PST File.
6. Include folders and subfolders and click “Finish”.
Manual Procedure Limitations:
- This method has the drawback of taking a long time to export Gmail emails to Exchange Online, and no users can afford to wait that long.
- Users may be forced to go through this unpleasant, time-consuming, and lengthy process because there is no other direct manual solution.
- The manual approach described above is highly technical, and it is easy for users to make mistakes, resulting in partial migration or data loss.
- All of these flaws in manual operations serve as a warning to users to stay away from manual solutions.
To overcome the drawbacks of the above manual solutions, we’ve created an automated tool for transferring Gmail to Exchange Online.
Method 2: How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Exchange Online?
Whenever you need to transfer emails from Gmail to Exchange online and any other webmail service. Advik Gmail Backup Tool plays a crucial role in whole process. As it is trusted by mostly professional users due to it’s 100% satisfactory results. It performs effectively in migrating Gmail emails along with it’s attachments to Exchange Online. It has very attractive and simple GUI which is so easy to manage and access by non-technical users. The tool consists of several advanced features which helps you to transfer emails from Gmail to Exchange Online in couple of simple steps.
Just download the FREE Trial edition of Gmail to Exchange Online migration tool and test the effectiveness and efficiency. It is absolutely free of cost to check out all the advanced features in trial edition.
How to Transfer Gmail emails to Exchange Online? – Step-by-Step Guide
In order to migrate Gmail emails to Exchange Online account, you need to follow simple steps as given below.
1. Install and Run Gmail to Exchange Online Migration Tool on your Windows PC.
2. Now, Enter your Gmail login credentials and press the “Login” button.
3. The tool will start analyzing and scanning your Gmail mailbox folders and it will appear on the left side of the software panel. Here, you are required to choose selected email folders.
4. Select “Hosted Exchange Server” as a saving option from the list of multiple options.
5. Enter your login credentials of Exchange Online account.
6. Finally, Click the “Backup” button to start Gmail to Exchange Online migration process.
Done!! This is how you can easily migrate emails from Gmail to Exchange Online without facing any difficulties.
In the article above, we have discussed two best approaches for migrating from Gmail to Exchange Online. Although the manual solution has a major disadvantage in providing results, we have provided an alternative solution that can eliminate these disadvantages. Users are requested to go through the limitations of each method before using this method to transfer Gmail to Exchange Online. Otherwise, you may encounter painful data loss situations.
Read Also: Migrate Thunderbird to Exchange Server