Summary: Migration is always a daunting task, whether you do it manually or technically. It is always a challenging task, but if you have access to a source account, then this task may be easy for you. This blog post will go over how to transfer PST file to a new computer manually or professionally.
As an IT professional, you must constantly stay current and be ready for migration. We primarily use Outlook to communicate with our coworkers, and we are aware that Outlook is a widely used application in the IT industry. It keeps user data in the form of a PST file, which is kept on the user’s computer as a backup. However, there are times when you must transfer Outlook data to a new computer for a variety of reasons.
Why Migrate PST to a New Computer?
There may be several factors involved in migrating Outlook to a new computer. Several of them are described below.
- You may have upgraded to the newest version of Windows or bought new equipment.
- Your PST file might not be compatible with Outlook or your computer.
- Possibly utilizing a corrupted or damaged PST.
- If you use Outlook as a different email client, you might want to move your data to a new system.
- Switching from one system to another.
- Moving from the current Outlook version to the updated one.
These are some potential explanations for migration. The wonder is that you can migrate Outlook to a new computer with a manual approach. Moreover, you can also import PST file to Office 365. Let’s discuss this in greater detail.
How to Transfer PST File to a New Computer?
You can easily transfer Outlook emails to new computer by carrying out manual tasks. Some of them are elaborated on below.
Method 1: Make a Replica of the PST File
- Open Control Panel > User Account > Mail (Microsoft Outlook) > Show Profiles > Properties > Data Files.
- Select the account that you want to backup in the new wizard.
- Copy the path name of the selected account.
- Now navigate to My Computer or This PC, paste the path there in the top location bar, and press Enter.
- You can view the PST file here. Just take its backup and paste it into the hard drive or personal storage.
Method 2: Transfer Outlook to New PC By Import/Export Tool
This method can be elaborated in two steps. These actions will explain this process in more detail.
Step 1: Migrate PST to Another Computer
- Start Outlook >File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a File in the following wizard, then tap Next.
- Now, choose.pst > Next.
- Next, choose the location by using Browse to save PST, and then tap Next.
- In the following wizard, select the Import Option and tap Finish.
Step 2: Import PST to New PC
- Run Outlook >File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file, then tap Next in the following Wizard.
- Choose “.pst” >Next.
- Browse to choose the location where the newly created PST file will be saved.
- In order to import a folder, select it and click the Finish button.
These instructions will help you transfer PST file to a new computer. These methods, however, are not ideal for all users.
Issues with the Manual Approach
The manual approach is not always the best choice, but it is an option. The manual approach has some drawbacks. Below is a list of a few of them.
- Even though this approach is somewhat effective, not all users will benefit from it.
- A time-consuming strategy.
- Prior technical expertise is required.
- To use this method effectively, due attention and expertise are required.
- Difficult to execute.
These are some limitations of the manual approach. So, you need an expert solution that can do this task for you.
Transfer PST File to a New Computer With Expert
We now know that the manual method is somewhat complicated and technical. You must nonetheless transfer your data to the new PC. In order to simplify your task and migrate PST easily, use PST Migration Tool in this instance. Furthermore, it supports importing PST to a variety of email clients, including O365, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, and others.
Why Seek Professional Counsel?
Yeah! We are aware that you just bought a new computer, so you also need the ideal and most effective method to transfer PST file to a new computer. Here are some of the utility’s best features that may best suit your needs.
- Converts your PST into PDF, PST, EML, MBOX, and 10+ file formats.
- Compatible with all MS Outlook versions.
- Allows you to enhance the preview of the mailbox items.
- Highly able to convert your bulk PST into several file formats.
- It supports all versions of Windows or Outlook.
These are a few of the benefits that can guide your decision regarding the best course of action for your migration task.
In this blog, we have given you the best options to transfer PST file to a new computer. Whereas the manual approach is tricky and technical, on the contrary, an expert-tested solution can maintain the safety of your new machine and easily migrate your data.