Summary: We have seen that a number of users are looking for a way to import Google Takeout to Office 365 with attachments. If you’re one of them, this post will be quite beneficial to you. Also we will explain the benefits to migrate google takeout to office 365 account. In this article, we’ll discuss the best methods to open Google Takeout file in Office 365. Stay connected to the end so that you don’t miss any single step in this complete solution.
Almost everyone has a Gmail account these days to communicate with others or for other purposes in their everyday lives. As we all know, a backup of all data is a must for everyone who wants to retrieve it at any moment. Google provides free services like Gmail emails, address book, calendars, YouTube, drive, photos, and more to keep data from Gmail accounts safe and secure.
Benefits of importing Google Takeout to Office 365 Account
Let us now discuss the benefits to import google takeout to office 365.
- Office 365 is a software package that includes all of the Microsoft Office products as well as many more programs such as One Note, Outlook, Skype for Business, and so on.
- It has both superior security features and threat defense capabilities..
- All Office 365 user accounts are under the control of its administrators..
- More storage facilities are available, but only with a premium Microsoft Office 365 online subscription.
- Office 365 is a completely safe environment with numerous security features, such as two-factor authentication, which ensures that unauthorized individuals cannot access your files if they gain access to your device.
That is why the majority of the users prefer Microsoft Office 365 over any other email service.
However, users are unsure about how to import Google Takeout into Office 365. So, first and foremost, we’ll cover a manual approach for accomplishing this task.
Read Also: Import Google Takeout to Outlook
Methods to Import Google Takeout to Office 365
As Google doesn’t provide a direct solution to migrate google takeout files to office 365. We will use the following methods to upload google takeout to Office 365.
- Import Google takeout via Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Direct Way to Move Google Takeout to Office 365
Method 1. How to Upload Google Takeout to Office 365 Manually?
Google Takeout is used to back up a Gmail account. Let’s get started with importing Google Takeout emails to Office 365, this complete process is divided into three major steps. We presume that you’ve already signed in to your Gmail account. See below for further steps:
Step 1. Steps involved in Google Takeout
1. First of all, login your Gmail account and visit this link https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout.
2. Select the data items from the list which you want to download.
3. Once you select the items to import, then click the “Next” option.
4. Now, select the archive format option by filling in the details and tap “Create Export”.
5. After that, the Google takeout process will get started. It will take time so you have to wait for sometime.
6. Now, you can download the data of google takeout on your system. all the data will be in a .zip folder, once you extract the .zip file. you will get all the emails, data in .mbox file.
Now, the second task is to add an office 365 account in Mozilla thunderbird to import downloaded emails (.mbox) file or we can say google takeout file to office 365.
Step 2. Add Office 365 Account to Mozilla Thunderbird
First of all, you must have installed Mozilla thunderbird on your system. follow the steps mentioned below to add your office 365 account to Mozilla thunderbird.
1. Launch Mozilla thunderbird and select to create a new email account.
2. when asked if you would like to use a new email address, then tap “skip this and use my existing email”.
3. Now, enter your name and email address that will appear in the “from” when you will send an email.
4. Thunderbird will attempt to find the email settings automatically. this will fail and a message will pop up saying “Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account”.
Now, enter the following information:
Server hostname: outlook.office365.com
Server hostname: smtp.office365.com
Username (Incoming and Outgoing):
5. Click “Done”.
Now Office 365 account is added to Mozilla thunderbird account.
Step 3. Import Google takeout to Office 365
Before you begin the import process, you must first install an add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird. You can import MBOX files into Thunderbird after installing the ImportExportTools add-on in Thunderbird:
1. To import an MBOX file, open Thunderbird, go to Tools>>ImportExportTools>>Import MBOX file.
2. Select the option “Import directly one or more .mbox files in the pop-up screen; click “OK”.
3. Look in the specified directory for the MBOX file.
4. You can see all of your Google takeout files are imported in Office 365, as seen below.
Limitations with Manual Solution:
As you can analyze by yourself, this process is more lengthy and complicated.
- It consumes your manual efforts as well as your time.
- Involves multiple steps that will surely frustrate you
Method 2. How to Open Google Takeout in Office 365 with attachments? – Complete Guide
Advik Google Takeout Converter is the best solution to overcome the above challenges of manual solution. It is easy to import your google takeout files in Office 365 with attachments. You don’t need any further tool for this process. Just choose google takeout file and import in office 365 along with attachments like too, cc, bc etc. Google Takeout Converter is specially designed to import google takeout to office 365 without wasting manual efforts. You don’t have to invest a lot of time in this process.
It provides following features also:
- Multiple file formats to convert Google Takeout emails
- Email Filter option
- Restore Google Takeout Emails
- Free from ads and viruses
Steps to upload google takeout to office 365 are as follows;
Step 1. Install and Run Advik Google Takeout Converter on your PC.
Step 2. Select .mbox file or folders to upload and click the “Next” button.
Step 3. Choose “Office 365” as a saving option from the list.
Step 4. Enter Office 365 Admin account login credentials.
Step 5. Now, click the “Convert” button to start the process.
Relax now, and let the software do the rest of the Google takeout to Office 365 migration. It will automatically start importing google takeout to office 365 in no time.
we had discussed how to import google takeout to office 365 using both automation or manual way. As you can see using simple and free solution i.e. Advik Google takeout Converter that you don’t have to follow manual configuration. Thus making it the easiest way to upload google takeout to office 365. However, you can choose a manual method also but choose at your own risk as it involves technical steps. It is only a single solution to import google takeout i.e, mbox file in office 365. There is no other direct way except these two.