Nothing could be worse when the basic service of an application fails to Process. Yes, An OLE Registration Occurred is the error message when user is unable to write an E-mail in MS Outlook. When you can’t write the mail directly mails you cannot send the mail and Outlook service is stopped. When this error occurred Outlook displays message ‘An OLE Registration Error Occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program’
The cause of error is When MS word is not available or is not compatible with same version of Outlook because MS word is the e-mail editor. If there is some error encounter in Outlook when writing an e-mail it simply denotes the OLE Registration Error. So, it should be resolved quickly to resume the mail sending services in Outlook.
Methods to Resolve Outlook OLE Registration Error
If the Outlook inbox is not updated, user refresh it by clicking on the Send/ Receive button, but instead of updating it displays the same error message. One method to resolve this is
Register Using CMD
- First, close the Outlook application
- Make sure to exit Outlook by ending process from Task Manager
- Click on the start button and type CMD in search bar
- Right click on icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’ option
- The command prompt window will open
- Type the command regsvr32 ole32.dll and press enter key
- If the command shows syntax error then type it as regsvr32 %windr%system32ole32.dll
- Once the command is executed you will see message ‘Registration Succeeded’
- Click on OK button
- Restart Outlook and try to send mails to check the error is resolved or not
Empty Outlook Folders
- Before going for this step backup your outlook data and save it at another location. This method refresh outlook data settings.
- Close the Outlook application and it should not be open in computer
- Now follow the path “C:Users USERNAMEAppData Local MicrosoftOutlook”
- Delete all the files in Outlook folder and empty it. Do not delete the folder but delete files in it
- Open Outlook, Now the Outlook would re-create and update the data source
- Try to send a test mail in Outlook and it will function well.
Most of the people are not able to use Outlook because of the ‘OLE registration error in Outlook 2016’. So, follow the below methods to continue working with your favorite mail client Outlook.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!