Are you searching for something to convert mbox to pst manually? If you haven’t found the correct resolution till now, then do not worry because you are at the right place. In this post, I’ll show you the way to migrate MBOX to PST with all email messages and attachments successfully using few tricks.
MBOX file and PST file are two completely different email files. MBOX file format supported by multiple email clients such as MozillaMail, Spicebird, Eudora, Pocomail, Netscape, Entourage, Opera Mail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Incredimail, Claws Mail, SeaMonkey, Sylpheed, Evolution, etc. An MBOX file can be opened in the supported email client. Whereas Microsoft Outlook is that the only email client that supports the PST format.
Now, I will tell you how to move MBOX data in Apple mail. Just follow these simple steps.
See how to move mailbox data in Apple Mail
- First, download and then run Apple Mail on your system.
- After that Click File -> Import Mailboxes.
- Then choose the files from where you want to import data. Here, you need to select the option File in MBOX format and click Continue.
- Now browse the location where you have saved the MBOX files. Then select the MBOX file which you want to import and click Choose to select the items to import. Then Click Continue for further process.
- Now click Done once the process completed. Then check all the imported mailbox data in the Import section of Apple Mail.
However, you cannot convert MBOX files directly into Outlook so you’ll need to put some extra efforts for conversion. First, we use Eudora to create the mailbox and then we use Outlook Express to import the mailboxes and at the end, we import all mailboxes into MS Outlook from Outlook Express. Now install Eudora on your system then follow the below steps.
Create mailbox using Eudora
- Append the MBOX file extension with the imported data file. Rename filename “EXPERT” into “EXPERT.mbx”.
- Then move renamed file i.e “EXPERT.mbx”, into a directory in which Eudora stores its files. i.e. (C:Documents and Settings<user>Application DataQualcommEudora).
- Now open Eudora and then double click on “EXPERT.mbx” file to finalize the file creation and close the Eudora.
Import mailbox using Outlook Express
- First, launch the Outlook Express if not installed. After that, go to File -> Import -> Messages.
- Then choose Eudora from the list and click Next.
- Now browse location where you’ve stored the “EXPERT.mbx” file and click OK.
- Then click Next, then Next again and Finish. Then you need to find the imported mailbox in the Local Folders section of Outlook Express.
Import mailbox from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- First, you need to open MS Outlook and click on File -> Open.
- Then click the Import section to visit on Import and Export Wizard.
- After that from the list, select the Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click Next.
- Now, you can choose any of them i.e Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail and then click on Next button.
Now you need to find the imported mailbox in your Outlook client. It should be located in Outlook Today – [Personal Folders].
You can use above steps for MBOX to PST conversion and migrate severally used mbox mailboxes to MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 etc.
Also, see how to import an MBOX file inside the Thunderbird application.
- First, open Thunderbird e-mail client application and then select the filename.mbox folder from Local Folders.
- After that select emails individually by pressing “Shift + click” or select all by pressing “Ctrl + a”.
- Then right-click on selected emails and click the “Save As” option.
- Now choose the destination folder or you can create the new folder to save all mail/selected messages.
- After that, open MS Outlook application within the same system.
- Go to File menu and select Account Setting and switch to the Data Files.
- Then Click on Add and select Outlook data file (.pst) from a given option.
- Then choose the destination folder and give any name to the new Outlook data file.
- Now, you have to go to window explorer and locate the folder, which we exported in step 4.
- Then select all emails (Ctrl + a), drag them to MS outlook and drop either in the message pane or pour on newly created data file i.e.Test files.
- After that wait till all emails transferred successfully. Then you can review the converted emails to PST file format.
A professional MBOX to PST converter tool is the best option when it comes to converting MBOX to PST file format. However, the huge supply of various MBOX to PST converter package within the online marketplace makes it tough for users to buy the best software. The software is the most effective and most reliable resolution for MBOX to PST conversion. In contrast to alternative converter utilities, it well handles large mailboxes, attachments, sender addresses, etc.
Read Also: Best MBOX to PST Converter
Listed below are the amazing features of this software:-
- Convert Single/Multiple MBOX files to PST format.
- Support MBOX files created by 15+ email clients.
- Safely and instantly convert MBOX to PST, EML, and other file formats
- Import the MBOX file into Office 365 mailboxes and Live Exchange Server.
- Support any large size of MBOX file, i.e. there’s no such file size limitation.
- Smart preview of the mailbox before saving it into a PST file format.
Because of its user-friendly navigation, any technical or non-technical user will use this software with ease. In contrast to the other software, it doesn’t need any technical knowledge. The MBOX to PST converter Tool provided by KDETools is available to use with the free demo version for your analysis. In the free version, you can save only 30 items from each folder.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!