“Do you know how to back up Outlook emails? I’m planning to save Outlook emails to an external hard drive for backup, but I don’t know where to save Outlook email files to my computer. If you know how to save Outlook emails to your hard drive, please tell me.”
A great way to back up critical data is to save it to an external hard drive. In the event of a system crash or other disaster, users can easily access the information. In a future article, we will discuss the whole process of knowing how to back up Outlook 2019, 2016 emails to an external hard drive.
How to Save PST Files into Multiple Formats without Outlook?
Your email can constantly fill your Outlook inbox with new messages, replies, and forwarding. Before you know it, you may receive many important emails. If you don’t want to waste time exporting Outlook files or copying Outlook PST files one by one. You can try professional Outlook PST File Conversion Software to export PST files into multiple file formats and extract emails and attachments in a separate folder.
Manual Method to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Here is the manual method to backup Outlook emails to PST files as a backup to a hard drive:
- Start the Microsoft Outlook application
- Now click on File, select Open and Export, then Import/Export
- Select the Export to a file option from the Import/Export Wizard
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next
- If the user wants to back up emails to an external hard drive, then the user can connect the external hard drive
- Click Browse to select the external hard drive from the list of storage devices. After that, create a name for the backup file and click OK
- Finally, click Next and click Finish. (If you want to protect the message, enter the password when prompted and click OK. Otherwise, the user can click Cancel.)
The suggested manual method is the best fit for backup Outlook emails on a Hard Drive. But if you have corrupted or password-protected PST files and don’t have Outlook installation, then choose the automated solution to Save Outlook Emails to PST File.
Data backup gives users peace of mind. You can choose any of the methods described in this guide to back up your Outlook emails and save them to your hard drive. While the free method is just as effective but has some limitations.
Often, the manual method facing Outlook crashes due to large Outlook data files. This can lead to corruption and data loss in Outlook. Better to use an automated solution to backup Outlook PST files into a healthy format.