Summary: If you are looking for methods that you can use to backup Outlook email to Gmail, then this blog will be very useful for you. We will provide you with the best simple and easy methods to backup Outlook emails. However, the manual method requires basic technical knowledge. It also requires you to have MS Outlook installed on your system. Hence, experts suggest going for a professional software solution to back up Outlook emails in Gmail with attachments.
“I want to access my Outlook email on the Gmail cloud server. So, if anyone knows how to do this? Please let me know.”
“I have decided to stop using Outlook due to some financial issues, but I want to save some important emails from my Outlook account on Gmail.” Please assist me through the process of backing up Outlook emails in Gmail using the direct way.”
Why are users switching from Outlook to Gmail?
Let’s understand in detail what’s keeping you from switching from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail?
- Uniform user experience: Gmail excels at providing the same experience every time. You can access your Gmail account no matter what device you are using or where you are. But, in Outlook you must have an Outlook application to access your email.
- Automated searching: Undoubtedly Google is the king of online search. It has nearly perfected email-based searching qualities. Whether you’re looking for an attachment you think you misplaced a year and a half ago or can’t recall where you sent emails from one of your clients, Google’s search feature will help you find it and it’ll do it much faster than Outlook.
- Filtering and sorting criteria: Filtering features are also available in Outlook, but as many experts have pointed out, these filters aren’t always accurate. Google provides a variety of filtering, labelling, and categorization options, all of which are reliable and simple to use.
Methods to Save Outlook Emails in Gmail With Attachments
Whether you are backing up your Outlook emails to Gmail or switching from Microsoft to Google. You might be searching how to transfer Outlook to Gmail with the best and easiest method.
You basically have two choices: you can either backup your Outlook emails in Gmail automatically or manually.
Here, In this article we will provide you both options, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
- Copy Outlook emails to Gmail through IMAP feature
- Transfer your Outlook emails to Gmail automatically
Method 1. How to Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook Using IMAP Configuration process
1. Open the Outlook email client application on your computer and sign in your account using your login credentials.
2. Export your emails to a PST file and download it on your hard drive.
File>>Open & Export>> Import/Export>>Export a file.
3. Now, the .pst file will be automatically saved by default in the “My documents” folder.
4. Login your Gmail account and go to settings.
5. Enable IMAP in your account.
6. Add your Gmail account in the Outlook application.
File>>Info>>Add account and sign in
7. Now, your Gmail account will be added to your outlook application.
8. Tap on your Gmail account in the left side of the menu and select it.
File>>Open & Export > Import/Export > Import from another program or file.
Note: Menu options will be different as per your outlook version
9. Now, wait for a while until the import is complete.
10.Sign in your Gmail account in another browser to check that your .pst file is uploaded in Gmail’s servers.
Even if you uninstall the Outlook software from your computer after you’ve finished, you’ll be able to use your copied emails in Gmail in a browser.
This manual method has significant drawbacks, which is discussed below. Read carefully so that you will make the wisest decision.
- An Outlook application must be installed on your computer.
- Exporting and importing Outlook is undoubtedly a tedious and time consuming process that will definitely frustrate you.
- There must be enough memory available on your PC, to be able to perform this function.
- The accuracy of your work depends on the stability of the internet, so you must have a good internet connection.
- If the size of the emails are large, you will have to wait several days to back up your Outlook emails.
Method 2. Transfer Outlook emails to Gmail automatically – Expert Recommended approach
Advik Outlook PST file converter is an easy and simple method that allows you to backup outlook emails in any email service provider as per your requirement. It is a stand-alone solution which also provides you to convert PST to 15+ popular file formats without outlook. No matter what size is outlook data file has, this tool is capable of backing up outlook emails to gmail with easy and simple steps which are mentioned below:
- Install and run Advik PST Converter tool in your system.
- Choose “Convert configured Outlook mailbox data” option.
Note: it will automatically select outlook mailbox files if the outlook application has installed it in your computer.
- Click “Next” to proceed further.
- Now, all your mailbox folders of the outlook account will appear on the left side.
- Select all and some selective folders and click Next.
- In the saving Option choose “Gmail”.
- Now, enter your Gmail Email ID and password and click next.
Relaxed! No further steps ahead. Let the tool handle the rest and all your Outlook emails will be backed up in your Gmail account in a few steps.
Rest assured, No modification in your files will take place.
Now it’s your turn to take a chance!!
As you can see, there are no difficult steps to follow and no additional settings are required. However, with the manual method, you can see how long the process is. and also includes many technical steps. The Advik PST converter is equipped with advanced algorithms that enable it to work quickly and efficiently.
Explore the features of the FREE PST Converter Tool. Before you buy it, try it for once.