Exchange Server Backup main motive is to backup files in case of damage or loss of data. But if the backup fails to do so, then it will be of no use. NTbackup is a solution that creates a backup and ensures that the files backup get restored easily.
So this can be done by following steps
- Login to Exchange Server
- Go to Start Menu and type run to open the Run window
- In the Window open, type NTbackup and click OK
- Select the Backup tab and in the next window the whole computer directory and mailbox will open
- From the local computer select the Exchange server files and system status
- Select storage groups from Microsoft Exchange Server
- Select the destination and folder where to save the files by clicking on the browse button
- Click on Start backup button
- Enter the backup name and select backup properties
- Click on the button start back up and wait till it completes
- The file will be stored in the destination folder and you can use it to restore files.
Thus NTbackup is one of the best methods to store Exchange Server files. Another option is to use Windows server backup tool or Exchange Server Backup Software to create the backup of the database.