Have you got bulk PST files and want to extract Outlook attachments to a folder? Are you running from pillar to post to know the best possible solution to extract Outlook email attachments automatically? Then, learn and implement the best solutions by following this blog.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most preferred email application used majorly across the globe. While undergoing business communication, users send important information through attachments. Now, these attachments can be audio & video files, word document, excel sheet, etc. However, it becomes a tiresome task to extract Outlook email attachments to a local folder manually. Especially when there are multiple Outlook emails, it is not feasible using the manual solution to download all attachments. For that, one need to avail a trustworthy and risk-free automated tool.
Quickest Way to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder
Availing the manual method is not a wise choice to automatically extract Outlook email attachments to the hard drive. Hence, it is best suggested to make the best use SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor tool. It helps to easily download and save attachments from bulk PST files from both ANSI and Unicode PST files.
How to Extract All Attachments from Outlook Folder Using Tool?
Follow the step-by-step guide to export all Outlook email attachments.
Step 1: Once the tool is installed on your Windows system, launch the software.
Step 2: From the wizard, click Open to extract Outlook attachments to a folder.
Step 3: Now, add the PST files to download all attachments via Add File (s) or Add Folder option.
Step 4: Choose the desired folder hierarchy option to maintain the file structure of the extracted attachments. This includes the following options:
- Folder Hierarchy
- Folder Hierarchy (Subject Wise)
- No Folder Hierarchy
Step 5: Provide the destination location to save the resultant extracted Outlook attachments.
Step 6: Click the Extract button to begin downloading Outlook attachments.
Step 7: Upon completing the extraction process, a prompt message of the same will be displayed as shown below.
How to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder Manually?
Way #1: Extract & Save PST Email Attachment
Note: This method only allows to remove and save PST attachments from a single email message at a time. Therefore, one needs to repeat the same steps for attachments extraction from every single email message.
- Firstly, select the email message to remove attachments from MS Outlook
- After that, right-click the chosen message>> Save All Attachments>>click OK
- In the next window, provide the folder path to save all attachments from Outlook
Way #2: Download Outlook Email Attachments Using VBA
- With the help of “Alt+F11” keys, launch VBA within the Outlook program
- Make sure to import VBA Macro from the below-given link:
- From the VBA Editor, go to File option>> Import File>>import mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> hit the Open button
NOTE: In order to process the upcoming steps, it is important to enable all macros
- Go back to MS Outlook and choose the desired email message from which the attachments need to be downloaded and saved
- Open the Macro wizard using Alt+F8 keys to extract Outlook attachments to a folder
- From the next window, select ExecuteSaving option>> Run>> Browse For Folder
- Then, provide the folder path to save the extracted Outlook email attachments
Let’s Wrap Up
Users may have to face a troublesome time when there are bulk emails to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. As the manual solution is quite challenging and tiresome, hence it is best suggested to avail the automated solution. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step guide to easily export all Outlook email attachments to the local folder.
Read Also: Best PST Repair Tool
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!