Do you want to download Rackspace emails to the local system? If so, this blog will be more helpful to you. Here you will find a perfect guide to securely download Emails from Rackspace to PC.
Rackspace Email is a well-known email hosting service for businesses that require domain-specific email accounts. it’s a cost-effective, business-class webmail service with access from anywhere at any time. It provides a variety of cloud computing services. Rackspace webmail is one among them.
Rackspace Email hasn’t been a popular email service in a long time, it is useful for especially small and medium businesses. It offers free and simple migrations, premium anti-spam and anti-virus protection, and provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why do we need to download Rackspace emails to PC?
Users backup Rackspace email locally because it makes their data even more safe. Even if you are not connected to the internet, you may access your data. By saving your Rackspace email as a PDF, you can easily share and print it.
Some users prefer this since it allows them to store copies of their email messages on their computer for archival purposes. This also makes the contents of the downloaded mailbox accessible without an internet connection. Downloading messages to a computer also helps free up space online for mail services with storage constraints.
Since you own the PC, you have complete control over your backups and everything else related to data. It is also safe to download Rackspace emails to PC because only you and your team have physical and, of course, digital access to it.
How to Download Rackspace Emails to Computer?
In this section, we’re going to explain some of the easiest ways to export emails from Rackspace to your computer. So read this blog until the end so you don’t miss out on any method to download all of your Rackspace emails.
Method 1. Manual Method – Export Emails from Rackspace through MS Outlook Configuration
1. Launch MS Outlook in your system.
2. Now, Go to the File >> Add Account.
3. Select “Yes” when it asks “Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?”
4. Now, Select Manual Setup or additional server types” and click “Next”.
5. Choose “POP or IMAP” and click “NEXT” to proceed further.
6. In new window tab, enter the following information:
Your Name: Your Name
Email Address: Rackspace webmail mailbox email Address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: secure.emailsrvr.com
Outgoing Mail Server: secure.emailsrvr.com
User Name: Rackspace webmail mailbox email Address
Password: Rackspace webmail mailbox Password
When you enter the above information, click “Next”.
7. Now, in Outgoing server tab, select the following two:
My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
Use Same Settings as my Incoming Mail Server
8. In new window tab, enter the following inputs:
Incoming Server– IMAP, Port– 993, Type of Encrypted Connection– SSL
Outgoing Server– SMTP, Port– 465, Type of Encrypted Connection- SSL
and click OK.
9. Tap “Next” to continue.
10. Now Outlook will test the information which you have entered in the above steps. In a few minutes, if you have entered all the details correctly then you will get a message of “Congratulations”. close this tab to continue.
11. Finally now, click “finish” to complete the configuration process.
Now, You’ve successfully Configured Microsoft Outlook with your Rackspace mailbox. The volume of email data to be fetched may cause the syncing process between Outlook and your mailbox to take some time.
- You can now see that this process is tedious and time consuming. As a professional user, you cannot afford to waste your precious time on this long process.
- In addition, technical steps are required to set up a Rackspace account for MS Outlook, normal users cannot simply perform this function.
Method 2. A Quick way to download Rackspace emails to PC
To overcome the challenges of the above explained method, we recommend Advik Rackspace Backup tool. This Rackspace email backup solution is all in one toolkit. It allows users to download emails to PC in various file formats such as PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, DOC etc. It also, migrate Rackspace mailbox folders to various webmail accounts.
Steps to export Rackspace emails are as follows;
- Install this wizard and run it on your PC.
- Now log in with your Rackspace ID and password.
- This tool will automatically scan all your folders and subfolders of your mailbox, select the folders to export.
- Select “PST” as the save option from several file formats.
- You can also apply email filters if you want.
- Now select your target path and click on the “Convert” button to start the conversion process.
- Now go to the folder on your PC and check all of your exported emails.
Finally Done! This is how you can export Rackspace emails to PC.
In this blog, we discussed methods of downloading email from Rackspace to PC. Users who have problems in downloading emails can refer to this post for a smooth and hassle-free solution. They can save their Rackspace emails using both manual and professional solutions. Both solutions are mentioned here in this article.