Summary: Do you want to sync Gmail contacts to iCloud but don’t have any idea? No need to worry! This article will provide you the best solutions to copy contacts from Gmail to iCloud. So read this article attentively to get the best solution.
As we all know, Gmail is a free web email service provided by Google. It is used to send and receive emails across the world. Gmail contains our essential data such as Emails, Contacts, Calendars, and other information. Sometimes, we want to export our contacts from our Gmails accounts and import them to other devices like iCloud.
An Apple incorporation provides the cloud computing service known as iCloud. It stores photos, videos, contacts, and other essential files on the IOS device of a user. Thus, if you are an Apple device user, you can either keep your contacts in your Gmail account or transfer them to iCloud.
However, there are multiple reasons why users want to move Gmail contacts to iCloud. The most common reason that a user wants to copy contacts from Gmail to iCloud is that user wants to switch from an android device to an apple device. In the next section, we will discuss various reasons to move contacts from Gmail to iCloud.
Objectives to Import Gmail Contacts to iCloud
- iCloud provides high security compared to Google mail.
- By using iCloud, you can find the location of all the synced devices.
- You can easily access your data on all the Apple devices you have with the help of the Synchronization feature.
In this section, we have discussed the several benefits of transferring Gmail contacts to iCloud. However, most users want to import their entire Gmail data to Outlook as it has more advanced features than Gmail. In such cases, users have to export Gmail emails to PST to access them in the Outlook application.
Now, without any further delay, let’s move on to the effective methods to migrate contacts from Gmail accounts to iCloud.
Manual method to Sync Gmail Contacts to iCloud
If you want to import your Gmail contacts using the manual method, you need to perform it step by step. This method consists of two steps that help the user to understand the whole process effectively.
Step 1: Transfer Gmail Contacts in vCard file Format
- First, Sign in to your Gmail account with the help of the Gmail credentials.
- After that, click on the Google apps icon and scroll down to select the Contacts folder.
- Afterward, you have to choose the Gmail contacts that you want to transfer. Either you can select all or selective contacts of your choice and click on the Export tab.
- After that, it will show you a pop-up in which you have to select the vCard (for iOS contact) format.
After following the above steps properly, your contact will save on your computer in vCard format. Now, we will discuss the method of transferring the vCard file of Gmail contact to iCloud.
Step2: Sync vCard to iCloud
- First, Sign in to your iCloud account by entering your username and password.
- After that, click on the Contacts option.
- Then, tap on the Gear icon that shows at the bottom of the left corner and select the Import vCard option to transfer the contacts from Gmail to iCloud.
- After that, Navigate the exported .vcf file and click on the Open button to move Google contacts to iCloud.
- At last, your Gmail contact will move to iCloud successfully.
As you can see, performing a manual method requires a lot of time. However, users also require some technical skills to perform this method. So if you are performing this method without any technical knowledge, you may have the chance to lose your data. In such a case, many experts recommend opting for an automated approach that is more secure.
Advanced Method to Import Gmail Contacts to iCloud
Gmail Backup Software is one of the best and most effective software to transfer Gmail contacts to iCloud. This tool comes up with many advanced features and is also capable of transferring bulk data in no time without any trouble. Apart from your Gmail account contacts, you can also migrate your emails to different email clients such as Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Thunderbird, etc. Furthermore, you can try its free demo version to analyze its performance.
After reading the above article, we hope that you have got the solution of your problem to sync Gmail contacts to iCloud. In this article, we have discussed the manual method and professional method. However, we have also concluded that using manual methods involves a high risk of data loss. That’s why experts suggested going with an automated approach to make the process effective and secure.