When did you last open a PDF? The odds are today, yesterday or you work regularly with them. When the Adobe systems developed the Portable Document Format (PDF for short), the objective was to provide a “paperless office”. The PDF file format has been subject to several revisions. Nowadays it has become one of the most used document formats in the world.
PDF is a file format that captures all the elements of a printed document. You can also share links and buttons, form fields, audio, video, and business logic through PDF files. Each PDF letter has its own meaning, eg. P, so portable. This means that PDFs look the same regardless of the device they are viewed on. Whether you’re using Windows 10, Mac, Chrome OS, Android, Windows Phone, iPad, or Windows XP, PDF files remain consistent across software and hardware.
If you are a company of any size, it is possible, or even probable, that you are handling part of the confidential information of your clients. PDF files can be protected with a password, which gives you the ability to ensure that prying eyes are away from your important business documents.
The technology is moving fast, but PDFs are likely to be available in the long run. The format is so widespread and has so much history behind that everyone would need a fundamental change to adopt a different standard. Investing in PDF software will hold its own in the long run and give your business an excellent return on investment. This is the main reason for a large number of organizations and individuals who convert their emails into PDF.
Why Do You Need to Convert Gmail to PDF
We also have this question in mind before we performed the process. We believe, the following PDF features will not go bankrupt and will make you agree to convert Gmail to PDF.
- Strong Security – If you have sensitive or legal information stored in your Gmail program, you can easily rely on PDF. Even a respected lawyer uses PDF as a reliable file format because it meets the legal requirements.
- Contract File Size – Whether you want to convert a personal Gmail account or a professional Gmail account, with PDF you will never lose quality. You can even combine several documents, such as spreadsheets, photos, and presentations, into a single PDF file.
- Simple and Convincing – With the enhanced security features, PDF can encrypt data easily and convincingly. You can even integrate digital signatures to protect the data with copyright.
- No Dependence – PDF displays documents in an electronic format that are independent of the hardware, software, and operating system.
- Changing the security setting – If you think you are using a very simple PDF security password, you can easily change it. The security setting of PDF files can be changed to prevent users from editing, printing, and so on.
On April 4, 2015, a large number of Google users accessed security errors and warnings over the weekend after Google did not renew a security certificate for Gmail and its application services. “Most users” were confronted with an “unexpected behavior” due to the interruption. If you are one of them, think if you have converted your Gmail into PDF things will be a little easier. For example, you are working on a project with a customer. They only use emails for communication and data exchange. You converted your emails from Gmail to PDF, and one day your Gmail account suddenly gets hacked. Are you going to be worried or disappointed? Definitely, you will be, but you have a backup copy of everything in PDF.
We’ve explained almost all roots of PDF. Now, if you are looking for the process of converting Gmail to PDF. Here is your answer.
- Open Google Takeout.
- Sign in with the Gmail account you want to convert.
- Click on “Select None” option and then select mail.
- If you want to convert a specific label like inbox then select the label of the inbox. There are others as well like archive, important, drafts, chats.
- If you want to convert all your email select ‘include all your mail’ option.
- Click on Next.
- Select the file type .zip and .tgz. Next, select file size (1GB, 2GB, 10GB, 50 GB)
- Create an archive account and you will get a link on your Gmail account.
- You have to access that link and the process will be started. This downloading process can even take 5 mins or 5 hours.
What if you do not want to spend 5 hours? Here comes the best solution…..
Gmail Converter Wizard not only converts Gmail to PDF in 15 to 20 minutes but also protects your emails like a warrior shield. This software is used by a large number of organization and people. And they have a conclusion that – IT IS THE BEST FOR MY EMAILS.