As per Wikipedia records, Google Drive has reached 1 billion users in 2018 only. And we are here in 2022, so we can only imagine the figures. Google Drive is a file storage system or service which was developed by Google in 2012. It facilitates our users with the options to store the files, synchronize them across various devices and share them recklessly. It offers up to 15 GB of free storage space which is divided between Drive, Photos, and Gmail. The real problem arises when this free space gets all packed up. Then, users are left with 2 options. One is to buy more space on a subscription basis. Another is to backup Google Drive files to another Google account.
In the sections below, we will read about the latter option. We will know about the ways to backup files from Google Drive to another Google Drive account.
Methods to Backup Google Drive Files
There are numerous manual solutions available to backup files from one Google Drive account to another. Besides this, an automated solution is also there which will ensure you the guaranteed results.
Manual 1: Backup Google Drive Storage
- Initially, sign in to your Gmail Account and select the documents that have to be transferred.
- Click on the blue pull-down menu and in the new wizard, enter the ID in which the data has to be transferred. Make the option as Is Owner.
- Next, you will see that the data can be accessed in the secondary account.
Keep in mind: To free up the space, delete the transferred files from the primary account.
Manual 2: Backup Google Drive Files to another Google Account
- Open your Google Drive by signing in to your Gmail Account.
- Next, select the documents that have to be transferred. Then, right-click and choose the option saying Download.
- Move the downloaded file(s) to a local folder.
- Afterwards, login to your secondary account and then select new >> upload file(s) or folder(s) and select the files from the local folder.
Keep in mind: Users have to delete the files from the primary Google Drive account, once the files are transferred to free up the space.
If you have found the above method a bit difficult or if you have less technical knowledge, then you can opt for the automated solution.
Backup All of Your Google Drive Data
There is always a solution available to every problem if you are eager enough to find one. If the manual solution doesn’t work out for you and you do not want to lose your data. Then, switch to the automated solution without wasting any time. SysTools Google Drive Data Migration is a reliable and efficient tool to backup Google Drive files to another Google account. In the adjacent section of the blog, we have provided the step-by-step working of the tool to backup Google Drive storage from one account to another.
Backup Google Drive Files to another Google Account – Working Steps
After installing the software, users have to activate the software. For this, users need to provide the activation key that they have received on their registered Email ID.
- After this, select the source and destination platforms as G Suite. Scroll a bit and then, make your Workload Category Selection.
- Next on the Source screen, add the required details and validate them to move further.
- Likewise in the Destination screen, add the Destination G Suite details and validate them as well.
- After this, 3 options are provided to add the users into the software panel. Add users and authorize them.
- Lastly, hit the Start Migration button to backup files from one Google Drive account to another.
The Bottom Line
In the write-up above, we have provided a detailed solution to backup Google Drive files to another Google account. Both the manual and automated solutions are provided for the users to backup files from Google Drive to another Google Drive account.
Also Read: The best solution to convert Excel contacts to PDF on Mac OS